Presentation and recording from Succession/retirement Webinar
The webinar was led by BW Healthcare Surveyors presented by Will and we have included the following for future reference:
Below is a brief synopsis of some of the points which were covered.
What are your options when undertaking your succession and retirement planning?
- Sale and leaseback
- Putting a lease in place between the retired GP partners and existing GP partners
- Merging with another local practice
- Transferring the contract to another entity
- Closing the surgery and selling the premises
How do you maximise the value of your premises in anticipation of your retirement?
- Get your notional rent checked
- Ensure any lease agreements and rental amounts are up to date
- Look to find alternative tenants to occupy any spare space
- Upgrade and improve your surgery
- Explore the possibility of building an extension
Whatever you decide to do, it is essential to seek expert advice and guidance. Here at BW Healthcare Surveyors, we have helped and supported over 1,000 GP practices in the UK with all their premises related issues.
Should you have any questions or queries regards the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Will by emailing him at email@example.com.