BMA Support your surgery campaign #supportyoursurgery
The LMC is pleased to see the new BMA #supportyoursurgery campaign to support General Practice.
GPs and their teams have faced an extremely challenging time during the COVID-19 pandemic. The restrictions have meant that face-to-face contact with patients has been limited in order to keep practice staff and patients safe.
The Support Your Surgery campaign provides GP practices with the tools to both manage expectations and to provide patients with the reality of issues facing general practice.
Alongside this, we have launched a petition calling on the UK Government to provide the urgent resourcing needed to increase the number of GPs in England.
Print, display and share posters and graphics to inform patients about the work you are doing and the challenges GPs face.
How to get involved
We feel it is important that we are upfront with patients, so they understand the reality that we are all facing and the underlying reasons for this, and that, despite the easing of lockdown, the pressures experienced by general practice and the rest of the NHS are unlikely to ease soon.
To support this campaign, we have produced a number of different materials that you can use with patients:
- Full colour poster to download and display in your surgery
- Reduced ink poster to download and display in your surgery
- Mono poster to download and display in your surgery
- Social media graphic for Instagram
- Social media graphic for Twitter
- Email signature graphic to use on email
- A printable version of the petition to display in your surgery. Please ensure this form is held securely and confidentially destroyed once it is no longer needed. Once completed please scan and email copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #supportyoursurgery
You can also show your support for the campaign by adding a ‘Support Your Surgery’ Twibbon to your social media profile.