Training & Events programme
The LLR LMC is happy to confirm our current event schedule for 2019.
Imaging Referrals into UHL event - Wednesday 27th November 2019
The LLR LMC will be hosting an event which will look at all the aspects around GPs referring for requests for Imaging.
Areas covered include:
- Referrals into imaging – Improving the process
- Why do rejections happen?
- Do they add value?
- How can we collectively ensure right investigation, first time.
The event will be facilitated by Matthew Archer, Head of Operations, UHL Clinical Support & Imaging CMG and include Radiologists attending from UHL.
- Time: 19:00-20:00
- Venue: College Court Conference Centre, Knighton Road, Leicester, LE23 3UF
- This is a free event and open to all LLR GPs and Practice Managers. Catering and refreshments will be available on arrival.
More events to follow in due course.
These opportunities are not connected to the LLR LMC but feel they could be of interest to General Practice and Primary Care Colleagues.
Practice Managers – NHSE-Funded Coaching and Mentoring Opportunity!
Apply now before 4th December deadline - places limited, first-come first-served
Following the success of the last coaching and mentoring programme, and significant positive feedback from those who took part, Practice Managers are once again being offered coaching and mentoring sessions as part of the programme funded by NHS England, to be taken between January and March 2020.
Three 90-minute, one-to-one, tailored sessions with a professional coach mentor are being offered to support Practice Managers to individually think through and progress challenges and opportunities important to them. If you are a Practice Manager who would like something to be different for yourself, even if you are not exactly sure what it is, then coaching and mentoring is a powerful approach that will help you to work things through to make the changes that you want.
Feedback from Practice Managers who took part in the coaching and mentoring programme earlier this year:
"This process has been one of the most valuable things I have done during my 5 years as a practice manager”
"I wouldn't have believed that in the space of 3 x 90 minute conversations so much can have been achieved. I would recommend this mentoring service to everyone including long service experienced PMs”
“I have benefitted enormously on a personal level from this coaching. It has restored my confidence and belief in the role such that I will remain in the profession for longer”
Places are limited and are offered in equal numbers for each NHSE region on a first-come first-served basis. Expressions of Interest are invited between 12th November and midnight on 4th December.
Practice Managers - please apply via this link: https://www.engage.england.nhs.uk/survey/1288e5ab
Places are offered initially to Practice Managers who have not experienced coaching through the NHSE programme earlier this year.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Power of Three - Triumvirate Programme
Delivered by the East Midlands Leadership Academy. To review the programme, click here.
EMLA are still seeking to fill a few more places for cohort 4 - due to start on 15 Jan 20. Closing date to express an interest in the programme is 29 November 2019. Places will be confirmed by 5 December 2019.
- Primary Care Networks - Next Steps for Practice Managers Conference
NHS England and NHS Improvement are holding a series of dedicated regional events this autumn for Practice Managers. The day will focus on:
- Hearing from PCNs about the fundamental role of practice managers and what development support is available
- Providing an opportunity to talk to other practice managers who are working within PCNs and understand how their roles have developed
- Getting involved in interactive workshops that focus on:
- PCN leadership: Clinical Directors and Practice Managers
- Health & Wellbeing: work/life balance and resilience
- Proactive patient care and collaborative working
- Creating time and capacity: understanding your demand and future workforce needs
You can register by clicking on the appropriate regional link via the NHS England events page which can be found here – we will be confirming exact venues and an agenda as soon as we can.