Training & Events programme
We are pleased to confirm the following events and training opportunities for our members in 2018.
East Midlands Leadership Academy: Triumvirate 18-19 Programme and Stepping up Programme
The East Midlands Leadership Academy offers a wide range of programmes to enhance leadership skills.
Their current programme is still open for applications until Friday 5th September. Below is information on this programme for anyone who may be interested.
As well as the above, EMLA are offering a new "Stepping Up Prgramme."
The programme is aimed at BAME leaders / aspiring leaders working in bands 5 to 7 who are wanting to develop their leadership abilities. Information on this programme can be found below.
To see what other programmes East Midlands Leadership Academy offer, please visit their website.
Beginners guide to being a DPO
Wednesday 15th August 2018 (1.00 - 5.00pm) Stamford Court, Manor Rd, Oadby, Leicester LE2 2LH
LLR LMC are pleased to confirm that we will be running an afternoon workshop on a ‘Beginners guide to being a DPO’ on Wednesday 15th August 2018 (full details below). The event will be facilitated by Joe McCrea, full biography below.
This is a free workshop and should be attended by the recognised Data Protection Officer (DPO) within your practice – this event is limited to one representative per practice.
- The role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Understanding the lawful basis for processing personal data
- Legitimate Interests
- Vital interests
- Research activities
- Data Protection Fee and Registering your DPO
- Right to be informed including privacy information
- Right of access
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to rectification and data quality
- Right to erasure including retention and disposal
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Information Audit
- Information Asset Register
- Privacy Notice Accountability
- Processor contract
- Information risks
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Security policy
- Breach notification
- Registration: 12.30 – 1.00pm
- Event times: 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Venue: Stamford Court
- Address: Manor Road, Leicester, LE2 2LH
- Catering and refreshments will be available
Talk from Michael Devlin (MDU) on Multiple jeopardy in medical practice
Wednesday 19th September 2018 (7.00 - 8.30pm)
A review of the medico-legal jeopardies doctors face in their clinical practice, including gross negligence manslaughter. Some guidance on reducing the risk of facing such outcomes will also be presented.
CQC event [repeated event]
Wednesday 26th September 2018 (7.00 – 8.30pm) Stamford Court, Manor Rd, Oadby, Leicester LE2 2LH
Delivered in partnership with the Michelle Hurst (Lead Inspector, CQC)
- Introduction to the CQC
- CQC new regulations
- GPPR and CQC
- Fit for person interview and what to expect
- Tops tips from the CQC
- Role of the LMC through CQC inspections
- Q & A session
Medical & Health Coaching workshop
Wednesday 17th October 2018 (7.00 - 8.30pm)
- Would you like to lighten the load?
- Do you have patients coming back time after time, and not making any progress?
- Do you sometimes find a patient leaves and you feel disappointed that you haven't made an impact?
Are your consultations running over time?
If any of these resonate with you and you're open to learning a different approach to add to your skills, we'd like to invite you to a very practical session. Learn and try out some simple, practical coaching techniques (supported by an evidence base) that more and more clinicians are using where patient behaviours and mind-set play a big part in their improved outcomes. It can truly lighten your load!
Facilitated by Dr Zahida Adam and Lesley Thompson
LMC/RCGP Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 7th November 2018
Wednesday 21st November 2018
This workshop will be delivered in conjunction with NHSE, Kimberley Kingsley and Cathy Cunnington (Senior Complaints Lead) to deliver a workshop on practitioners dealing with complaints.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Central Midlands Complaints Team Structure
- NHS England Complaints – Tiers 1, 2 & 3
- Central Midlands Complaints Process
- Role of the LMC through complaints process & support
- Practical Session – What does a good complaint response look like?
- Obtaining Independent Clinical Reviews
- Central Midlands Assurance Process / Sharing Lessons Learnt
- Questions and Answer Session
East Midlands Leadership Academy - 50 memberships
LLR LMC has a group arrangement with the East Midlands Leadership Academy for 50 memberships. This means GPs and Practice Managers can book onto any of the courses/programmes in their directory (subject to availability of places- booking are taken on a first come first served basis):
- OD in Practice Programme
- Innovation and Improvement Programme
Both programme's are open to applicants and free to Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Medical Committee. To read more and apply, click here
When booking onto a course please name as LLR LMC as your sponsor, and the costs of the programme will be covered by the LMC membership. Other LMCs in the East Midlands have been running this arrangement for some time with positive feedback received, so I am very pleased to be able to extend this offer to the GPs and practice managers in our patch.
Please note courses offered by the NHS Leadership Academy are NOT included in this offer. LLR LMC can act as your sponsor for the national NHS Leadership Academy courses, but the fees for these would have to be self-funded for GPs.
A summary of courses you may find of interest:
- Coaching Diploma
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Conferences and Masterclasses
- Facilitation Skills
- Operational Leadership Series
- Organisation Development Essentials Programme
- QI Network
- Regional Awards
- Relationships and Conflict Management
- Supporting Transformation
- Talent Management Network
- Think Tank
- Visible Leaders
Please see here for how to complete the online booking form to access courses via the LMC Membership Scheme:
Personal Development Coaching
LLR LMC delighted to be offering another programme of confidential one to one tailored coaching from highly experienced and qualified coaches. This forward looking, action-orientated, positive and personal approach will help you to identify goals for next steps. You will:
- Gain personal insight to help you make decisions
- Improve understanding of options available
- Increase resilience
- Learn powerful models and techniques to help achieve your goals.
- Feel better equipped to move forwards with confidence
If you would like to be considered for any future personal development coaching, please express your interest by emailing enquiries