Training & Events programme
We are pleased to confirm the following events and training opportunities for our members in 2018/2019
LMC/RCGP Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 21st November 2018 (7:30pm) at the College Court Conference Centre
We are pleased to announce our Key note speaker for this year's AGM is Dr Richard Vautrey (Chair of the BMA General Practitioners Committee of England) and he will be giving a speech to members titled “General Practice: The Foundation for the NHS long term plan."
The full programme can be found here.
Invitations have now been sent to all members, if you wish to reserve your space please email, email@example.com
Demystifying Appraisal: Top Tips For Appraisal/Revalidation
LLR LMC is running a "Demystifying appraisal: Top Tips for Appraisal/Revalidation" - Revalidation and Appraisal Training Event on Wednesday 28th November 2018 (7.00 – 8.30pm). The event will provide GPs the opportunity to have a better understanding and how to get the most out of appraisals.
The event will be facilitated by Dr Kathryn Oliver (Senior Appraiser, NHSE Central Midlands) and will be Chaired by Dr Vikram Bolarum (LLR LMC, Board member).
*This is a free event and is aimed at all current LLR GP’s *
- What the Appraisal Team and Revalidation Officer are looking for.
- How to approach the experience to get the most out of it.
- Registration: 6.30pm - 7.00pm
- Event times: 7.00pm – 9.00pm
- Venue: College Court Conference Centre
- Address: Knighton Road, Leicester, LE2 3UF
- Sat Nav: LE2 3TQ
- Catering and refreshments will be available
To confirm your free space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will be delivered in conjunction with NHSE, Kimberley Kingsley and Cathy Cunnington (Senior Complaints Lead) to deliver a workshop on practitioners dealing with complaints.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Central Midlands Complaints Team Structure
- NHS England Complaints – Tiers 1, 2 & 3
- Central Midlands Complaints Process
- Role of the LMC through complaints process & support
- Practical Session – What does a good complaint response look like?
- Obtaining Independent Clinical Reviews
- Central Midlands Assurance Process / Sharing Lessons Learnt
- Questions and Answer Session
A Walkthrough the Core Contracts-Important Issues by LMC Law
The following topics will be covered:
- Termination of the contract;
- Dispute resolution;
- Sub-contracting obligations to provide clinical services;
- Closing patient lists; • Removing patients from the list;
- Catering for patients in the outer-boundary area;
- Charging patients
More information on this event will be released in due course.
LLR LMC have devised a programme which will cover the key areas relating to the CQC. The event will be delivered in partnership with the Michelle Hurst (Lead Inspector, CQC) and cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the CQC
- CQC new regulations
- GPPR and CQC
- Fit for person interview and what to expect
- Tops tips from the CQC
- Role of the LMC through CQC inspections
- Q & A session
More details will follow in due course.
East Midlands Leadership Academy - 50 memberships
LLR LMC has a group arrangement with the East Midlands Leadership Academy for 50 memberships. This means GPs and Practice Managers can book onto any of the courses/programmes in their directory (subject to availability of places- booking are taken on a first come first served basis):
- OD in Practice Programme
- Innovation and Improvement Programme
Both programme's are open to applicants and free to Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Medical Committee. To read more and apply, click here
When booking onto a course please name as LLR LMC as your sponsor, and the costs of the programme will be covered by the LMC membership. Other LMCs in the East Midlands have been running this arrangement for some time with positive feedback received, so I am very pleased to be able to extend this offer to the GPs and practice managers in our patch.
Please note courses offered by the NHS Leadership Academy are NOT included in this offer. LLR LMC can act as your sponsor for the national NHS Leadership Academy courses, but the fees for these would have to be self-funded for GPs.
A summary of courses you may find of interest:
- Coaching Diploma
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Conferences and Masterclasses
- Facilitation Skills
- Operational Leadership Series
- Organisation Development Essentials Programme
- QI Network
- Regional Awards
- Relationships and Conflict Management
- Supporting Transformation
- Talent Management Network
- Think Tank
- Visible Leaders
Please see here for how to complete the online booking form to access courses via the LMC Membership Scheme:
East Midlands Leadership Academy- OD Virtual Mentor Scheme
OD virtual mentor scheme which offers an opportunity to be mentored by an experienced OD Practitioner.
Applications are open until November 30th
Personal Development Coaching
LLR LMC delighted to be offering another programme of confidential one to one tailored coaching from highly experienced and qualified coaches. This forward looking, action-orientated, positive and personal approach will help you to identify goals for next steps. You will:
- Gain personal insight to help you make decisions
- Improve understanding of options available
- Increase resilience
- Learn powerful models and techniques to help achieve your goals.
- Feel better equipped to move forwards with confidence
If you would like to be considered for any future personal development coaching, please express your interest by emailing enquiries