Training & Events programme
The LLR LMC is happy to confirm our current event schedule for 2019. All events are free but we ask that any member wishing to attend, registers their details with firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can accommodate accordingly.
Thursday 28th February 2019, 7:00pm-8:30pm – “How to Properly Sub-Contract.” - please note change in time.
This event will be facilitated by Shanee Baker (LMC Law) and will cover the following:
- what is a Contract e.g. written/verbal and what do these contracts look like and should include?
- what are the legalities of a contract in relation to practices delivering a service?
- Hints and tips for practices before signing a contract
- Things to consider when changing the terms of a contract
Wednesday 6th March 2019, 1:30pm-3:30pm: - “Complaints Workshop.”
College Court Conference Centre, Knighton Rd, Leicester, LE2 3UF
This event will be facilitated by Cathie Cunnington (NHSE Complaints Team) and is aimed at Practice Managers.
The aim of the event is to provide Practice Managers with information and advice in order to support them in providing good quality responses to complaints. The workshop will provide an opportunity for discussion and examples of what is considered to be good practice will be provided.
It is anticipated that this will be an interactive session with plenty of opportunities for Practice Managers to ask questions. A brief session on the removal of patients from practice lists will also be included.
Thursday 28th March 2019, 7:00pm – 8.30pm: “GPC Roadshow - Changes to GMS Contract 2019/20.”
Hilton Hotel Leicester, 21 Junction Approach, Leicester LE19 1WQ
Following the release of the new negotiated GMS contract for 2019/20, the GPC will be hosting a series of roadshow’s following the conclusion of this year’s contract negotiations. This event will be delivered by Richard Vautrey, GPC Exec (Chair, BMA GP Committee).
This is anticipated to be a well attended event, so would recommend reserving your space early.
Wednesday 3rd April 2019, 12.30 - 5.00pm - Property Management Seminar
The workshop is designed to help practice managers, GPs and GP Partners and facilities develop a full understanding of property management including lease management and notional rent. Benefits of this course:
- See how effective property management achieves greater value from your premises
- Understand the need for property management in your multi-disciplinary expansion plans
- Learn about current lease management strategies and notional rent
- Understand how to manage risk assessments in small businesses
- Helpful weblinks and guidance notes will be provided throughout
- Interact with the speaker to resolve questions throughout the day
- Benefit from a post-workshop summary and support
Objectives: participants will improve their understanding of property management, lease provision and notional rent responsibilities. The module will demonstrate how adopting industry best practice will help to mitigate risks and maximise revenues for the practice and partners from property assets.
Wednesday 1st May 2019, 1.30 - 3.30pm – “A Walkthrough Core Contracts.”
College Court Conference Centre, Knighton Rd, Leicester LE2 3UF
This event will be facilitated by Shanee Baker (LMC Law). Registration and a light lunch will be available from 1.00pm.
Targeted at LMCs advising Practices, the Seminar is designed to provide a step by step guidance through the PMS and GMS Regulations 2015. The Seminar will focus on the issues that continually cause concern when interpreting the Regulations.
The following areas will be covered in some detail:
- Termination of the contract;
- Dispute resolution;
- Sub-contracting obligations to provide clinical services;
- Closing patient lists;
- Removing patients from the list;
- Catering for patients in the outer-boundary area;
- Charging patients
East Midlands Leadership Academy - 50 memberships
LLR LMC has a group arrangement with the East Midlands Leadership Academy for 50 memberships. This means GPs and Practice Managers can book onto any of the courses/programmes in their directory (subject to availability of places- booking are taken on a first come first served basis):
- OD in Practice Programme
- Innovation and Improvement Programme
Both programme's are open to applicants and free to Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Medical Committee. To read more and apply, click here
When booking onto a course please name as LLR LMC as your sponsor, and the costs of the programme will be covered by the LMC membership. Other LMCs in the East Midlands have been running this arrangement for some time with positive feedback received, so I am very pleased to be able to extend this offer to the GPs and practice managers in our patch.
Please note courses offered by the NHS Leadership Academy are NOT included in this offer. LLR LMC can act as your sponsor for the national NHS Leadership Academy courses, but the fees for these would have to be self-funded for GPs.
A summary of courses you may find of interest:
- Coaching Diploma
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Conferences and Masterclasses
- Facilitation Skills
- Operational Leadership Series
- Organisation Development Essentials Programme
- QI Network
- Regional Awards
- Relationships and Conflict Management
- Supporting Transformation
- Talent Management Network
- Think Tank
- Visible Leaders
Please see here for how to complete the online booking form to access courses via the LMC Membership Scheme:
Personal Development Coaching
LLR LMC delighted to be offering another programme of confidential one to one tailored coaching from highly experienced and qualified coaches. This forward looking, action-orientated, positive and personal approach will help you to identify goals for next steps. You will:
- Gain personal insight to help you make decisions
- Improve understanding of options available
- Increase resilience
- Learn powerful models and techniques to help achieve your goals.
- Feel better equipped to move forwards with confidence
If you would like to be considered for any future personal development coaching, please express your interest by emailing enquiries