General Practitioners Committee
The BMA's General Practitioners Committee (GPC) is the only body which represents all GPs in the UK. It deals with all matters affecting NHS GPs, whether or not they are BMA members.
It has 86 members, 43 of whom are directly elected regional representatives. The remainder are either elected at the Annual Representative Meeting (ARM), appointed from Subcommittees or groups, or are ex officio members.
The Chairman is Dr Richard Vautrey. The Leicestershire and Rutland/Northamptonshire elected representative is Jonathan Ireland, Northamptonshire LMC chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the GPC including its Sub Committees, and the issues it is currently working on see GPC.The GPC meets ten times a year, and produces a newsletter which summarises the main issues discussed at meetings, as well as providing useful guidance.
- GPC News 10- 27th July 2018, Appendix 1 & Appendix 2
- GPC News 8- 21st May 2018 (and appendix)
- GPC News 7 - 20th March 2018
- GPC News 6 - LMC conference resolutions and elections results - March 2018
- GPC News 5 - 23 January 2018
- GPC News 4 - 20 November 2017 & appendix 1
- GPC News 3 - England LMC Conference news - November 2017GPC News 2 - 15 September, Appendix 1 & Appendix 2
- GPC News 1 - 21 July 2017
- GPC News 7 - 16 June 2017
- GPC News 6 - LMC conference News - May 2017
- GPC News 5 - 17 March 2017
- GPC News 4 - 20 January 2017 & appendix 1 - GPDF expenses
- GPC News 3 - 22 November 2016
- GPC News - 2-17 September 2016
- GPC News 1 - 22 July 2016 & attachment
- GPC News 11 - 17 June 2016
- GPC News 10 - May 2016
- GPC News 9 - 22 April 2015
- GPC News 8 - 21 March 2016
- GPC News 7 - 19 February 2016
- Special LMC Conference 30 January 2016
Communications from the GPC
- May 2016 - Failure of primary care support services letter the General Practitioners Committee (GPC) sent to NHS England a letter regarding the failure of services provided by primary care support England under contract to Capita.