The purpose of the LLR LMC is to Look After and to Look Out For GPs and their Teams.
From partnership issues to business planning, we provide valuable, up to date and expert advice to GPs and their practice managers on essential subjects including premises and contractual matters.
We provide support for members' health, welfare and careers & we understand the challenges of working in General Practice.
We represent practices on bodies including NHS England regional team, Clinical Commissioning groups, Public Health, Local Authorities, Health Watch and the Care Quality Commission.
- To be impartial and non-judgemental
- To inspire hope
- To be kind to ourselves and each other
- To be honest and straightforward
- To be courageous, wise and trustworthy
July 2018 Newsletter
The July edition of LLR LMC newsletter, which is available to read here .
This month we cover the following subjects:
- CQC Statutory Notifications for GP Providers
- Learning and sharing from NHS England Complaints team
- CQC Driving Improvement Publication
- SARs Survey
- LMC Meeting with Social Services
- LMC Meeting with Capita (PCSE)
- Dr Anu Rao elected onto GPC from BMA ARM
- LLR Practice Manager Academy
GP Partnership Review
In February, the Secretary of State announced a review into the partnership model of general practice. Dr Nigel Watson (Wessex LMC Chief Executive) is leading this review.
The documents containing more information on the review can be found below:
The report aims to make recommendations that will rivitalise the partnership model and ensure that we have considered GPs, other staff working in general practice, patients and the wider system. Any LLR GP wishing to feedback onto the review, can do so, by emailing Nigel.
- GP Partnership Review
- Department of Health and Social Care
- 39 Victoria Street, London. SW1H 0EU
- Email: GPPartnershipReview@dh.gsi.gov.uk
LMC Upcoming events
LLR LMC is pleased to confirm our upcoming event/workshop schedule. Our events are free and open to LLR GPs and Practice Managers. To view our event schedule, click here .
We have the following upcoming events scheduled:
Beginners guide to being a DPO
Medical Health Coaching
Multiple Jeopardy in Medical Practice by Michael Devlin (Head of Professional Standards and Liaison, MDU)
Update from LMC Buying Group
An update from the LMC Buying Group is now available. To view this please click here and scroll to the bottom of the webpage.
NHS England have released guidance on revised guidance on the changes of how much preparation needs to be done for annual appraisals. To view this guidance please click here.