The purpose of the LLR LMC is to Look After and to Look Out For GPs and their Teams.
From partnership issues to business planning, we provide valuable, up to date and expert advice to GPs and their practice managers on essential subjects including premises and contractual matters.
We provide support for members' health, welfare and careers & we understand the challenges of working in General Practice.
We represent practices on bodies including NHS England regional team, Clinical Commissioning groups, Public Health, Local Authorities, Health Watch and the Care Quality Commission.
- To be impartial and non-judgemental
- To inspire hope
- To be kind to ourselves and each other
- To be honest and straightforward
- To be courageous, wise and trustworthy
LMC BUYING GROUP - MEMBER RATES
LMC Buying Group: Member Rates
Members of the LMC Buying Group can access discounts with any of the suppliers on the attached list. To access these discounts, you can either login to the Buying Group website and request a quote or if you contact the supplier directly, you need to make sure you mention your practice is a member of the LMC Buying Group or state the discount code from the suppliers page of the Buying Group website.
If you were using an approved supplier before you became a Buying Group member or have been using a supplier for a long time and aren’t sure whether you are receiving the correct rates, you can email the Buying Group to check: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Survey on Subject Access Requests
The introduction of GDPR, and the removal of the ability to charge to cover the costs of responding to subject access requests, is having a significant impact on practices. We are also hearing from many areas of the country that SARs have increased significantly since these changes were made in May. This clearly has had financial and resource implications on GP practices.
In order to accurately quantify the full scale of this problem, we are surveying all practices across the UK to collect information on this issue. We would be grateful if LMCs could ask as many practices as possible to complete this survey as soon as possible.
Please click here to access the survey (only 1 response per practice).
LLR LMC Election Pack & Information for electoral term (2018 - 2022)
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Medical Committee current governing body will be soon coming to the end of its 4-year electoral term. We are looking for committed and motivated GPs, who wish to be considered to stand for election for the next term, October 2018 – October 2022.
Who is eligible to stand?
A levy paying member is a GP on the Medical Performers register for Leicestershire and Rutland, who has a substantive role (Partner or Salaried GP) in a levy paying practice or was contract holder in the past and is currently working at least one session a week with LLR.
- 5th October 2018 (5.00pm): Deadline for Nomination Forms to be submitted.
- By Friday 12th October 2018: Candidate statements and election packs will be circulated to all members.
- 19th -29th October 2018 Voting opens.
- 29th October 2018 (5.00pm): Voting closes – no votes will be considered after this time.
- 30th October 2018: Successful candidates will be notified.
- 31st October 2018: All members will be informed of the election results.
- 14th NOVEMBER 2018: FIRST BOARD MEETING OF THE NEWLY ELECTED GOVERNING BODY
Please see below the application pack and nomination form.
If you would like an informal conversation about this role, please contact the LMC office (0116 2962950).
NHS Central Midlands are looking to train new appraisers for our appraiser team, principally in the areas of Bedfordshire and Luton, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated GPs, qualified for 3 years and over, to support high quality appraisal which underpins the revalidation of doctors.
Following successful shortlisting you will be invited to attend an interview on one of the following dates:
- Thursday 20th September 2018 - Francis Crick House, Northampton
- Wednesday 3rd October 2018- Charter House, Welwyn Garden City
Following successful interview you will be required to attend the 2 day training course. The dates for training are as follows:
- 14th and 15th November 2018 in Flitwick Manor, Bedfordshire
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th September 2018
August 2018 Newsletter
LLR LMC's August's Newsletter is now available. To view this months' edition please click here.
This month's edition includes:
- LMC Elections
- Upcoming LMC Events
- LMC Annual General Meeting
- Learning and sharing from NHS England Complaints team
- Question Time….
- Pharmacy Implants- GP Surveyors
- Band 5/6 Leadership Development Opportunity
July 2018 Newsletter
The July edition of LLR LMC newsletter, which is available to read here .
This month we cover the following subjects:
- CQC Statutory Notifications for GP Providers
- Learning and sharing from NHS England Complaints team
- CQC Driving Improvement Publication
- SARs Survey
- LMC Meeting with Social Services
- LMC Meeting with Capita (PCSE)
- Dr Anu Rao elected onto GPC from BMA ARM
- LLR Practice Manager Academy
GP Partnership Review
In February, the Secretary of State announced a review into the partnership model of general practice. Dr Nigel Watson (Wessex LMC Chief Executive) is leading this review.
The documents containing more information on the review can be found below:
The report aims to make recommendations that will rivitalise the partnership model and ensure that we have considered GPs, other staff working in general practice, patients and the wider system. Any LLR GP wishing to feedback onto the review, can do so, by emailing Nigel.
- GP Partnership Review
- Department of Health and Social Care
- 39 Victoria Street, London. SW1H 0EU
- Email: GPPartnershipReview@dh.gsi.gov.uk
Update from LMC Buying Group
An update from the LMC Buying Group is now available. To view this please click here and scroll to the bottom of the webpage.
NHS England have released guidance on revised guidance on the changes of how much preparation needs to be done for annual appraisals. To view this guidance please click here.