The purpose of the LLR LMC is to Look After and to Look Out For GPs and their Teams.
From partnership issues to business planning, we provide valuable, up to date and expert advice to GPs and their practice managers on essential subjects including premises and contractual matters.
We provide support for members' health, welfare and careers &ndash we understand the challenges of working in General Practice.
We represent practices on bodies including NHS England regional team, Clinical Commissioning groups, Public Health, Local Authorities, Health Watch and the Care Quality Commission.
- To be impartial and non-judgemental
- To inspire hope
- To be kind to ourselves and each other
- To be honest and straightforward
- To be courageous, wise and trustworthy
GPC Newsletter- May 2018
May's GPC Newsletter is now available. To view this, please click here
GDPR Information Pack
Our GDPR Information Pack is now available. To see the information please click here.
Complaints workshop - LMC support through the PAG process.
Please find our latest guidance on the above here.
LMC May 2018 Newsletter
This month's newsletter is now available for your information and covers the following topics:
- GDPR Update
- East Midlands Clincal Senate
- Shared Learning and Issues Raised with the LMC this month
- Stamp Duty Land Tax on Surgery Leases
- GP Retainer Scheme
- Update from the BMA
To view the newsletter, please click here.
GP contract agreement for 2018-19
New guidance on providing care to institutions and care homes
GPC has published updated guidance on NHS primary care medical services in institutions and care homes in the UK .
GPC News 7 - March 2018
UK held its meeting on Thursday 15 March. The following issues were discussed at the meeting:
- Reports were given from all devolved nation GPC Chairs
- Securing official recognition of GPs as specialists
- BMA report on international models of general practice
- BMA report on safe workload limits and the recommendations voted on during the themed debate at the LMC UK conference
- Gross negligence
Please see a summary of items in the attached newsletter along with additional updates.
LMC Law HR and Employment Indemnity Package
The service is only available to the medical profession and is run by healthcare experts in employment law (CIPD qualified), in association with Insurance Brokers Lucas Fettes and Partners Ltd. The Insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance. Your issues will be dealt with by a qualified and dedicated individual and backed by employment lawyers. The package provides you with:
- A dedicated employment & HR support helpline
- Employment policies
- Employment contracts
- Negotiation of settlement agreements and the provision of the agreement itself
- Employment indemnity insurance cover for employment tribunal claims of up to £250,000 per claim.
Below is further information regarding the package:
- LMC Law Axa - HR Employment Indemnity Package for Practices
- LMC Law Axa - HR Employment Indemnity Package for Federations
- LMC LAW TERMS AGREEMENT - HR
- Blank Statement of Fact - LMC Law
Prescribing non-prescription (over the counter) medication in nurseries and schools
The LMC often gets asked about GP's prescribing non-prescription (over the counter) medication in nurseries and schools.The BMA has provided the following guidance on Prescribing non-prescription (over the counter) medication in nurseries and schools.
The link also provide's LLR GP's a template letter signed by the LLR LMC Chair which is available to use, if appropriate.