New electoral term for LLR LMC Committee – nominations now open!
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Medical Committee current governing body will be soon coming to the end of its 4-year electoral term. We are looking for committed and motivated GPs who have a natural interest to play an active part in supporting colleagues in primary care.
The previous arrangement was for the whole board to be re-elected at the same time. This creates a risk that a newly elected board may not have any pre-existing members with a loss of knowledge and continuity. Therefore, the board proposes that from this election onwards, half the board will be re-elected every 2 years, rather than the whole board every 4 years. In line with this, the term of office for the Chair will be reduced from 4 to 2 years, although the maximum total term will remain 8 years.
We have included further information on the role below for any *eligible GP wishing to stand for the next electoral term.
- 2 County GP representatives
- 2 City GP representatives
- 1 Rutland GP representative
To be eligible to stand you are required to be a *levy paying member (*GP on the Medical Performers List for Leicestershire and Rutland, who is a Partner or Salaried GP in a levy paying practice or a sessional GP paying an individual levy) and must be nominated by two levy paying GPs and confirm that you are willing to serve if elected.
The following documents have been attached for your reference:
- Nomination form
- Committee member role description
- LLR LMC constitution
- LLR LMC code of conduct & Conflict of Interest policy
If we receive more nominations than we have available positions, the LMC will conduct elections for the vacant seats within the governing body. All LLR levy paying members will get the opportunity to have one vote, which will be an online voting system and further details will be available in due course.
- Monday 23rd May: Election pack details is sent to all LLR LMC constituents
- Wednesday 8th June: Deadline for completion of nomination forms to be submitted (5.00pm)
- Thursday 9th June: Voting opens for LLR constituents (9.00am)
- Thursday 23rd June: Voting closes (5.00pm)
- Monday 27th June: Returning officer to verify the votes and sign off election results
- Wednesday 29th June: All applicants are notified of outcome
- Wednesday 13th July & 10th August: Newly elected board members will be invited to attend the LMC board meeting in a shadowing role
- 14th September: New board comes in place and EOI presented to board for constitutional positions of Chair/Treasurer agreed
If you would like an informal conversation about this role, please contact Dr Nainesh Chotai (current LMC Chair), 07861397678 or email email@example.com