Rapid Access to Covid-19 PCR Testing for Frontline Workers
In light of the current difficulties being experienced in the access of timely PCR testing LLR CCGs are mobilising the following service with booking enabled from Saturday 1st January 2022.
What is being made available?
- A daily PCR testing clinic operating by bookable appointment only between 13.00 & 16.00
Where is the service located?
- The clinic will be based at Thurmaston Health Centre, 573A Melton Rd, Thurmaston, Leicester LE4 8EA
Who is the service for?
- Initially, this service has been established to support front line workers, in order to support operational resilience and service delivery across partner Organisations
- Partner Organisations with the ability to access this service: DHU; LPT; LLR Primary Care; PCL Team, Adult Social care staff from HART, Crisis and CRS, AMHP’s, Community Pharmacists, Optometry, Dental, TASL, Care Homes and Dom Care, Independent Hospitals.
- At the present time the service has capacity to support staff only from these organisations
- This does not include household contacts of staff members
When does the service begin?
- Bookings will start from Saturday January 1st, 2022
- The first clinic will be run on Saturday January 1st 2022, and thereafter on a daily basis
How do I access the service?
- The service will be via booked appointment only. Walk ins will not be accepted
- Where a PCR test is required, staff members must in the first instance attempt to access the National PCR testing portal https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- Where a staff member has been unable to successfully secure a test through National portal, the following number can be accessed between 09.00 am and 13.00 pm daily
- Outside of the stated times this number will NOT be monitored
- Mobile: 07707268999
- This will connect to a DHU Health Care representative who will (subject to availability) book a PCR test appointment either on the day, or for the next day
What information will I be asked to provide when booking?
- Staff members will be asked to confirm which partner Organisation they are employed by. They will also be asked for symptom and demographic information necessary to process the request
- This will include a mobile phone number in order to manage the result contact
Special instructions for your journey to your PCR appointment
- Do not go to a PCR test site without an appointment – you will not be able to get a test
- Avoid contact with other people as much as possible when going to your test appointment
- Wear a mask/ face covering at all times, unless exempt
- Do not drive to a test site if you do not feel well enough – ask someone you live with to drive you if you can
- Do not use public transport or taxis
- Do not make any unnecessary stops when going to or from a test site
What to do on arrival?
- When you arrive at the test site, follow the signs, park in the designated bays
- Stay in your vehicle during the test
- A DHU representative will come to you
- After you have done the test, drive straight home and self-isolate
When will I get the result?
- Results will be communicated via text message
- We aim to provide the results within 24-48 hours
- Should a result not have been received by Day 3, please re-contact the booking line 07707268999
- Staff answering this number do not have direct access to your result but will be able to pass your query on to relevant colleagues.