Gender Incongruence in Primary Care
After recent concerns expressed by GPs regarding clinical requests being sent to them for patients going through the gender reassignment process, the BMA have released guidance for GPs that may be concerned on their role as a prescriber in this instance.
The guidance consists of:
- Commissioning of services
- Care arrangements and prescribing
- Confidentiality and medical records
- Further resources for GPs
- Trans organisations to which GPs may want to signpost patients
To view this guidance please click here.